Monday, February 2, 2009

My first DSLR - D90

Last Friday, 30/1/2009, I bought my first DSLR Nikon D90 + Kit 18-105mm VR in my life, together with my good friend.

My friend, Ricky Tan, he bought his D40 with dual kits which was strongly recommended by me. I told him Nikon D40 is a cheap and good camera although it is a 1.5 years old model and only 6MP (nowadays all new cameras minimum come with 10.2MP). Many people looking for very high MP camera. The higher the better. Actually not true. 6MP is more than enough for an A4 printing. For Web posting, even 2MP is more than enough. You may want to visit Ken Rockwell's Recommended Cameras to understand why as a camera professional like him still using 6MP DSLR. Don't get me wrong. I'm not the fan of Ken Rockwell. I just like the way he presented himself. The link is as follows,

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/recommended-cameras.htm.

We both bought our cameras from MS Colour. The saleman is Jackson. Quite a friendly uncle :P Over the phone before going down, I though he is a young man. Neber (Singlish of "Never") know that he is an uncle ^_^ I must admit he got a very young voice over the phone. If you want to buy any camera and accessories, please visit him. The shop is near the AMK hawker centre after passing by the AMK Bus Interchange.

My friend, Ricky Tan, he bought his D40 with many freebies like Nikon Tripod, Nikon Bag, and 2 x 8GB SD. Oh my god! He is damn good luck. Look at me. I bought my D90 only comes with a 4GB SD. What the fxxk >.<>.<>.< Anyway, no regret. D90 is a good camera. It really can satisfy my desire ^_^ Although it is heavy, the griding is damn good damn solid. I tried several display sets before like D40, D60, D80, Canon 1000D and 450D. Only D80 and D90 have better griding. I chose D90 over D80 because D90 is the latest model. Btw, Olympus E520 and Sony A series also have good griding but I still chose D90 eventually just becaue it is Nikon. Hehehe...

Some people may say, you buy a 12.2MP camera and yet ask people to accept 6MP. I say, well, that's me. Why Not. Joke a side, honestly speaking, I set my D90 down to 6mp for shooting. I'm serious. I Swear.

She is my new girl friend, her name is D90. Cute or not?
PS, btw. I will try to post D90 Open Box asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment